Eligible candidates and requirements:
Open to any year 11 & 12 students.
Candidates will be required to:
1. Complete the Aspiring Pilots Application Form
2. Submit a 750 word essay on a given aviation topic
3. Provide a resume and latest school marks or report
4. If shortlisted, book and attend an interview at the nearest Flight Experience. During this interview, you will have a short assessment flight in our Boeing 737 flight simulator.
1) Two x 60 minute ‘Ground School’ briefings with a commercial pilot covering: Introduction to a jet aircraft, effects of controls, aircraft systems, aerodynamic forces and a discussion around flight schools, universities and the different paths to becoming a commercial pilot.
3) Two X 30 minute ‘get the feel for flight’ guided lessons in a Virtual Reality flight simulator
4) Two X 60 minute flight-deck orientation lessons in a CASA Approved Boeing 737 flight simulator with a commercially qualified, Flight Experience instructor. Learn to take-off, land and manoeuvre a commercial jet.
5) Pinstripe Solutions’ Aviation Interview Success Workbook
6) Pinstripe Solutions’ Essential Coaching session (60 Mins)
To develop an understanding of what it means to be a commercial pilot, and the training and flying of a commercial aircraft. Learn valuable skills you’ll use whether you choose a career in the aviation industry or not. Connect with real pilots and gain a contact for future questions.